What are some everyday things that others find ugly or dirty, which you find breathtakingly beautiful?
At times we travel through life without noticing beauty around us in our every day life. If we are constantly moving through life without noticing the small, ‘insignificant’ blessings how will we every appreciate the larger things.
We set goals for a car then a larger more expensive car. We want to purchase a home and once in that home begin to focus on a larger home. Then we want a vacation and once on vacation we think of a more luxurious vacation. We sometimes lives with blinders on our eyes.
If we focus on what we don’t have in our lives – and we all travel down this road at certain times along our journey – this can lead to stress, depression, lower self-esteem, and eventually illness. So for today, stop and think about what you see as breathtakingly beautiful in your own life. Here are ten from my list:
- A bird’s nest covering an entrance light – I would leave it there until the birds are old enough to fly and find a new home.
- Walking barefoot – grounding / earthing – I love the feel of the earth on my feet and how it energizes
- Becoming one with nature without worry of wildlife or insects
- Light and shadows artfully decorating leaves
- Ivy growing on the side of a home
- Shadows on the wall especially when the reflection of the curtains decorates the walls – this always starts my day with a smile
- The intricate work of spider’s webs
- Winter frost decorating the window on the front porch
- Rust on an old gate – the center made me think of a hidden pearl amid the rust and chipping paint
- A cup of tea with a message or coffee served in a favorite cup
Those are ten from my list of many more. Please share a few from your list. And, grab a small journal with a nice pen and continue writing the beauty you see during the day.
Once you are able to change your daily focus on all of the blessings in your life – most won’t cost you a cent – you will open yourself to reaching your goals. When you do receive those blessings your joy will over flow and last for a longer period of time.
Love and Light!