Finding joy and pleasure in your life – no matter your circumstances.
With thoughts of freedom come choice. If you find yourself alone at the end of the day embrace your freedom – the world is an open book.
- Turn off the television.
- Pick up a book or magazine, grab a tea, light a candle and cuddle up in your favorite chair with a cozy blanket.
- Grab some pens/paint/pencils and a blank page to draw, write, paint, create something new.
- Take apart some old jewelry and create a new necklace or use the pieces for your painting
- Open the refrigerator and pull out some vegetables to create a new dish. Pay attention to the colors, textures while creating. Maybe you will decide the carrots, beets, sweet potatoes are a beautiful color and you decide to use the color for a new painting or to die a piece of material.
- Put on your favorite music and sing at the top of your lungs while you dance around your house
- Pull out your camera and take photos of your food, shadows, lighting, items you are creating
- If you have essential oils, create a new blend in a roller ball or a new blend for bath salts
- Declutter – that is always a great way to release anything holding you back and making space for new experiences
Thinking about the cold nights of winter in New York State, many are not willing to go outside due to freezing temperatures, icy roads, or maybe you want to enjoy winter from within your home. People who live alone, or with others, many times don’t enjoy all seasons and many hibernate when possible during the cold months – why not find a way to enjoy every minute of life.
Find magic and beauty wherever you are.
It is always present if you open yourself up to the everyday joy in life.
When brave enough to venture outside, bundle up and get out there and enjoy nature. With enough clothing you will feel so refreshed when you return home. Then you can fill up the bathtub with your new bath salts and enjoy a nice relaxing bath while listening to some soothing music.
What is your choice when alone – Loneliness or freedom? We all need people in our lives yet finding peace in quiet solitude is a great way to explore your inner creative self.
Love and Light!