The first fall of snow is not only an event, it is a magical event. You go to bed in one kind of world and wake up in another quite different, and if this is not enchantment, then where is it to be found? ~ J.B. Priestly ~
When there is a storm warning we prepare in advance. It is best to keep some extra food in your home, fuel in your tank, wood for the fireplace/wood stove if you have one, candles, warm throws, and warm clothing. Only drive on the snowy roads if you have to. In the morning you may have to travel to work. Make a plan. Maybe carpool or work from home if you are so fortunate to have that as an option. If you do have to travel to work either leave earlier or later. Let the traffic be staggered so everyone is not out there at the same time. If you are truly frightened to drive in clear weather, do everyone a favor and stay off the roads in bad weather. If you are an aggressive driver – PLEASE stay off the road. Be kind while traveling and allow others in when on a ramp, yield to those walking.
If you can stay at home – don’t complain about the snow. Just be grateful if you are safe at home, pray for those who are not as fortunate. Here are some things to make a snow day enjoyable:
- Go outside and make a snowman
- Take a walk or go sleigh riding and enjoy the falling snow
- Listen to some peaceful music as you sit near a window to watch the snow flakes
- Wrap up in a nice comfy blanket and read a good book
- Watch a movie
- Make a nice soup or casserole – take the time to enjoy cutting vegetables and the smell that fills your home
- Bundle up and go out for a walk in the freshly fallen snow
- Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate or a latte with a little whipped cream & red sugar with a scone and journal
- Bake some sugar cookies
- Bake a pumpkin or apple pie – enjoy the scent filling your home
- Diffuse some uplifting essential oils – Wild Orange; a mix of Frankincense, Myrrh, and Purify; Grapefruit
- Bake some bread – another lovely scent to fill your house
- Color in a coloring book
- Work on a puzzle
- Crochet, knit, create jewelry
- Pull out your paints and canvas create a winter scene
My little tree protector sits in his watchful position dusted with snow awaiting the Spring.
What do you do on a snowy day?
If you have to drive, please be cautious and take your time. Enjoy every moment no matter what the weather.
Love and Light!