This week, share something that glows. Maybe you’d like to experiment with some Golden Hour photography, or perhaps you know someone with a glowing smile. We’re excited to see what you share.
Whether outside in nature or inside with candle light, you can find glow if you stop long enough to enjoy life.
“If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself.” ~ Thomas S Monson ~
While traveling from California to Colorado on my way back to New York State I would see the glowing light from the homes I passed along my journey and wonder what they people inside were doing. Sometimes this inner urge would come up wanting me to stop and knock on the door. Then I would laugh thinking about the response I might get. If my mother, the visitor would be welcomed in and given coffee and whatever she was cooking at the time. She always opened doors to strangers when they stopped. As a child Mom would leave me out on the porch with this passing stranger while she ran up to get him something to eat and drink. She called them ‘hobos’ back then and somehow our house was marked as a friendly place to get a bite. Today we would not leave our small child out to play with a stranger while we went inside. Times have certainly changed. My mother had a glow about her and a trust for others that is rarely seen today.
Life is filled with beauty when you step into your world fully. There is a certain glow that can be found in nature, your home and the people around you if you slow down to take the time to notice. You don’t have to open your door to strangers but there are so many ways to find glow:
- The glow of a child absorbed in having fun, learning, or experimenting with a new skill.
- A couple of elderly friends sitting on a bench laughing and sharing stories.
- Sitting in silence with candles lit on a dark evening
- On the faces of family and/or friends sitting at a fire whether outside or inside
- The way light hits the water in certain areas
- Moon light shining on the water
- Love the way a child’s face glows in the candle light while thinking of their wish
- Sitting in nature as the sun sets whether the ocean, river, in the distant trees, in the light patterns on your living room floor – all bring a beautiful glow.
There are so many ways to find glow in our lives. Do you have any to add to this list?
Love and Light!
If you would like to submit your own photos for this week’s challenge or would like to add your own, click on the link below: