Will you start today with a new mindset and change your life? Yesterday is gone, you can’t change what you said, did, thought . . . Don’t waste the day in yesterday, move forward from this day. Some actions you can take:
- Write in your gratitude journal everything you are grateful for in this moment. Some things to be grateful for:
- Family – love, connections, compassion
- A good friend – or many
- A job that provides necessities and security
- A warm bed – pillows, warm blanket
- Sitting in the Sunshine – feeling the warmth dancing along your face
- Walking in the Rain, listening to the rain drops dapping on the roof
- Healthy food choices – vegetables and fruits – enjoying the colors, textures, patterns, taste, feel
- Water – potable drinking water, streams, swamps, rivers, lakes, oceans
- A roof over your head – a place to cool or warm your body
- Breathe – pay attention to the slow in and out breath
- Nature – the gifts of food, all the variety of trees and the gifts they provide, vegetation, dirt, rocks, color, scents, textures, various size of each gift of nature
- The way shadows and light play on the floor and walls around you
- Children sharing flowers
- Dew decorating leaves and flowers
- Those creative moments when you bring items to life in a new way
- The delightful sounds of birds singing, tinkle of wind chimes, rustling of leaves
- And so much more
Here are a few things that bring me joy throughout the day, week, month, year.
Nature is ever changing just as our lives and what a beautiful way to embrace life by just enjoying the simple pleasures. Over the past year I have been incorporating nature into crafts whether using a sticks and seashells along with beads to create wind chimes, taking nature photos, using found sea glass and small stones to create jewelry, essential oils to create emotion roller balls, it has brought me closer to where I want to be in life. Living in a state of simple pleasure, being grateful for all experiences – those we label as good or bad, happy or sad . . . Each brings with it a learning lesson.
During times when we find ourselves out of vibration with where we were intending to be are the best times to focus on gratitude. Gratitude for the life lesson which confirms we are not moving in the direction of choice. Life happens – illnesses arise in ourselves or others, death occurs, jobs and relationships may end – however it is during those times that we can be thankful for the experiences, for the pleasure of knowing those who are no longer with us and the lessons learned from having them in our lives. Once we overcome the low vibration we can set out vision on the higher vibration by giving gratitude for simple pleasures and remain focused on those. Before you know it, new adventures present themselves, new people come into our lives, new life events to be grateful for and we are back on the path leading to where we rather be. Remember, not everyday may be filled with high vibration – someone may cut you off, you may spill coffee on your work clothing, you may be exhausted from a night of crying baby – however, it is your reaction to those events that will influence your day and what you remember of the day. Where you place your focus will determine the overall outcome so why not focus on all the blessings of the day and let the other flow off you like eggs on a Teflon pan.
So the question is, what will you focus on today? If you would like to share please leave a comment or complete the contact form below.
Love and Light!